Mr. Kirit S. Javali after his completing LLB (Hons.) from the University of Leeds, U.K., was called to the Bar from Grays Inn in 1996. Thereafter, he underwent a stint of six months pupillage with Grays Inn Chambers (Dr. Phillip Baker, QC) London, U.K. and also trained with the City law firm of TLT Solicitors, London, U.K. Upon his return to India, he worked with the Mumbai law firm of Crawford Bayley & Co. He is also a member of the Honb’le Society of Gray’s Inn, General Council of the Bar of England & Wales, Bar Council of Delhi, India International Law Foundation, Supreme Court Bar Association and the Delhi High Court Bar Association.
Being the litigation unit head, Mr. Kirit S. Javali has also acted for Indian and multinational companies in various intellectual property proceedings in various High Courts in India. His IP practice includes advising clients on the following matters:
– Filing and registration of trademarks, copyrights, patent, designs;
– Advising on prevention of piracy, infringement and anti-counterfeiting measures;
– Conducting IP due diligence and audits;
– Developing prosecution and enforcement strategies, including instituting appropriate legal proceedings in court in respect of passing off and infringement
– Drafting license, assignment, registered user, technology transfer, name-license and confidentiality agreements.
In addition, Mr. Javali has also appeared in arbitration proceedings in India and overseas. He also regularly appears and argues matters in the Supreme Court of India, including various High Courts in the country. His other practice areas include banking, company, and commercial laws, information technology and life sciences.